Benefits of Certification
By becoming a New York Certified Peer Specialist, you are recognized as a qualified professional working with individuals in the mental health system based on “The Shared Personal Experience” paradigm.What are the Benefits of Certification?
- Certification identifies professionals who are specialists in their field
- Certified professionals are recognized by professional affiliations, state, and national legislation
- Certified professionals are provided with the opportunity for peer networking, in addition to involvement and impact through NYPSCB sponsored education opportunities and committee work
- Certification increases professionalism in the field
- Certification provides a strong basis for employment hiring and professional advancement
- Programs utilizing certified professionals to provide peer support services may be qualified to bill Medicaid
Who Benefits from Certification?
- Certification assures competent, professional services while continuously improving the quality of service being provided to the client and family members.
- Certification promotes standards of training and competency that will meet standards required for licensing, accreditation, and third-party payers.
- Certification provides recognition of competency and a marketable credential that will enhance the role of the professional.
- Certification provides opportunity whereby the highest professional standards can be established, maintained, and updated.